New Vendor Application
Nevada County Fair, August 12 – 16, 2020
We love our vendors, and we always welcome new vendors! If you are interested in being a vendor at the 2020 Fair, submit a vendor application online from this page below.
New vendor applications are accepted until all spaces are filled. New vendors will only be notified should a space become available.
Returning vendors will be sent a 2020 application via email. This page is for new vendors only. At this time, we are not accepting new food concessionaires for the Fair.
Fire Safety Information for Vendors
Apply to become a new vendor:
Fill out and submit this online form (forms still say 2019–will be updated early 2020):
2019 Fair Vendor Application (view online, fill out & submit)
Note: We are NOT accepting new food concessionaire applications for the 2020 Fair. All new vendor applications will be placed on a wait list, will not be considered until after March 20th and will only be contacted should a space become available.
- A current California Sales Tax ID Number is mandatory if you wish to sell at the Fair. Please remember that for each location you sell you must obtain a permit for that specific address. For more information, call the California State Board of Equalization at (916) 227-6700.
- A Nevada County Health permit is required if you distribute samples of or sell food. For information, call the County Department of Environmental Health at (530) 265-1530.
- Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 (each occurrence) effective for the dates of the event is required. If you are unable to provide a certificate, you must include the cost of insurance with your booth deposit fees. You will not be able to set up your booth until this is resolved.
- Fire Safety Information for Vendors
The following items and/or services are prohibited from sale or giveaway:
- all tobacco and smoking related items, including fake cigarettes
- cigarette lighters
- drug paraphernalia of any kind
- knives, guns (authentic or toy), ammunition, swords and daggers (ceremonial, toys or decorative), any other weapons such as katanas, bows and arrows, crossbows, electrical shock devices, ninja-type weapons, switchblades, brass knuckles, high-powered water guns, rubber band toys/guns, and martial arts weapons.
- laser pointers, mace, pepper sprays, stink bombs, poppers or any other incendiary device
- ear piercing and body piercing of any kind
- permanent tattooing or branding of any kind
- no product made from any endangered animal
- fireworks, pyrotechnical equipment