The Nevada County Fairgrounds – 17th DAA is actively recruiting for our next Chief Executive Officer. For more information on the job description, ideal candidate and how to apply, please review our recruitment brochure.
Seasonal Maintenance Aides
Seasonal (months, hours vary)
Primary duties include:
- Under supervision, on a temporary or seasonal basis only, to perform unskilled manual labor in cleaning up and maintaining State property, and to do other related work.
- Assisting with routine building maintenance and janitorial duties for fairgrounds facilities.
- Performing manual labor, daily maintenance as required, and other tasks as needed to keep the fairgrounds operational.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, and small to heavy equipment (including mowers, tractor, dump truck, golf cart, etc.).
- Performing grounds maintenance, including mowing grass, raking, operating a string trimmer, chipping, removing trash and debris, operating and maintaining sprinkler systems, maintaining and cleaning landscape equipment, and performing other landscape related tasks as required.
Seasonal Maintenance Aide must have a valid California driver license, maintain a positive customer service attitude and perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards/policies.
Complete the application below and return it, along with a resume, to the Drop Box at the Nevada County Fairgrounds Administration Office or mail it to the Nevada County Fairgrounds at 11228 McCourtney Road, Grass Valley, CA 95949 or email it to .
The Nevada County Fairgrounds welcomes and appreciates volunteers! There are volunteer positions available year round or specific to the Fair, Draft Horse Classic and Country Christmas Faire. See the information above for Fairtime job descriptions that can also be filled by volunteers.
Click here for a volunteer application or feel free to reach out by phone at (530) 273-6217 or by email to