Seasonal Maintenance Aides
Seasonal (months, hours vary)
Primary duties include:
- Under supervision, on a temporary or seasonal basis only, to perform unskilled manual labor in cleaning up and maintaining State property, and to do other related work.
- Assisting with routine building maintenance and janitorial duties for fairgrounds facilities.
- Performing manual labor, daily maintenance as required, and other tasks as needed to keep the fairgrounds operational.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, and small to heavy equipment (including mowers, tractor, dump truck, golf cart, etc.).
- Performing grounds maintenance, including mowing grass, raking, operating a string trimmer, chipping, removing trash and debris, operating and maintaining sprinkler systems, maintaining and cleaning landscape equipment, and performing other landscape related tasks as required.
Seasonal Maintenance Aide must have a valid California driver license, maintain a positive customer service attitude and perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards/policies.
Complete the application below and return it, along with a resume, to the Drop Box at the Nevada County Fairgrounds Administration Office or mail it to the Nevada County Fairgrounds at 11228 McCourtney Road, Grass Valley, CA 95949 or email it to .
As the Nevada County Fairgrounds prepares for the Nevada County Fair, August 11 – 15, we will have the following jobs available during the 2021 season:
- Gate Cashiers
- Ticket Monitors
- “Red Shirt” Patrol
- Exhibit Crew
- Clean Up Crew
- Parking and Traffic Crew
Job descriptions and the application are listede below: