The RV Park at the Nevada County Fairgrounds is located at the Gate 4 entrance on McCourtney Road. For directions, see Maps & Directions.
Open year-round, the RV Park at the Nevada County Fairgrounds is nestled among tall pine trees, overlooks Lions Lake, and is located near the historic towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City. Whether camping solo, with a family or with a group we have a spot for you! We welcome large RV groups, Class A motorhomes, and RVs and trailers of all sizes. No tent or car camping allowed.
Showers and a convenient dump station are located within the RV Park.
Special pricing and minimum night stays may apply for certain events/dates
One (1) night non-refundable deposit upon booking reservation
No refund for early departure
*Campers will be charged a dump fee if the dump station is used.
**Fire pits are propane-fueled and fee includes up to 5 gallons of propane use in the pit.
Phone: (530) 273-6217, ext. 221
Reservations: Online reservations
RV Park Office Hours:
Monday – Sunday: 9 am to 5 pm
If you’d like to rent an RV to be delivered to the Fairgrounds, contact Rockin RV.
Assistant Camp Host – RV Park
The Nevada County Fairgrounds RV Park is seeking an Assistant Camp Host. Position is two days/week (Sunday and Monday) and 16 hours/week. Duties include taking camping reservations and fees, customer assistance, janitorial and light groundskeeping.
RV Park Closures (2019)
The RV Park is closed to the public during the following dates in 2019:
May 30 – June 1 (Rally in the Pines)
May 19 – 26 (Strawberry Music Festival)
June 8 – 16 (California Bluegrass Father’s Day Music Festival)
July 9 – 14 (California World Fest)
August 2 – 12 (Nevada County Fair)
August 29 – September 1 (Gold Country Kennel Club Dog Show)
- September 16 – 22 (Draft Horse Classic and Harvest Fair)*
*open to Draft Horse Classic ticket holders only
- September 27 – 29 (KVMR Celtic Festival & Marketplace)
2019 Special Events
Mark your calendar, and book your RV Park spot early for these special events at the Fairgrounds in 2019.
- Grass Valley Wedding Fair – January 20, 2019
- Winter FunFest – January 25 – 27, 2019*
- Fairgrounds Foundation Cioppino Feed – March 2, 2019
- Grass Valley Sportsmen’s Fishing Derby – April 13, 2019
- Home and Garden Show – April 13 and 14, 2019
- Old West Antique Show – May 10 and 11, 2019
- July 4th Celebration – July 4, 2019
- Sierra BrewFest – August 24, 2019*
- Roamin’ Angels Car Show – September 7 and 8, 2019*
- Draft Horse Classic – September 19 – 22, 2019
Reservations for camping during the Classic must be placed with a ticket order for the Classic. Ticket sales begin May 1, 2019.
- International Harvesters Sierra Fall Rallye – October 4-5, 2019
- Country Christmas Faire – November 29, 30 and December 1, 2019
- Nevada County Food and Toy Run – December 14, 2019
* Two night minimum stay required for Full Hookups and Water & Electric sites for this event. Reservations for the two-night minimum events are only available by phone at (530) 273-6217.
While pets are allowed in the RV Park, please remember that they are not allowed on the adjacent Fairgrounds during Fairgrounds events.