Special Contests and Activities
Information about special contests in the Special Events Tent at the 2018 Nevada County Fair.
Ultimate Food Contests
Daily (Enter by July 23 or at the Fair)
Enter the Ultimate Food Contests, which are held each day at 6pm in the Special Events Tent. The food contests are a fun way to show off a favorite recipe. New this year, you can enter online by July 23, or bring your completed entry form (and your food entry) to the Special Events tent during the Fair: see the full entry instructions and entry form on page 13 of the Competition Handbook.
- Wednesday: “Summer Salads” (create a favorite salad – fresh fruit, potato, vegetable, pasta, or any other summer salad)
- Thursday: “My Best Dish” (create a signature dish – a main dish, side dish, or a dish of your choice)
- Friday: “A Bushel of Salsa or Pico de Gallo” (create your best salsa or Pico de Gallo – mild, medium, or hot)
- Saturday: “Building Brownies” (bake a pan of brownies, either from scratch or by building upon a box mix, and add your unique touch for the best brownie ever)
- Sunday: “Your Favorite Pie” (create your favorite pie)
Squash Mobile Racing
Friday (Noon – 2 pm) at the Special Events Tent
Attach wheels to a squash and watch it go. Bring a squash and get ready to race. No pre-registration required – just show up and have fun.