Daily Fair Schedule (2018)
Daily Schedule- All Days (7mb)
Printed schedules are available throughout town and at the Fair Office.
Dates: August 8 – 12, 2018
Location: 11228 McCourtney Road
Grass Valley, CA 95949
(39.20770, -121.0766) Google Maps
Hours of the Fair
Wednesday through Sunday—10 am to 11 pm
Exhibit buildings 10 am—10 pm, Sunday until 9 pm
Carnival opens at 11 am daily
Worship Services: 9 – 10 am on Sunday in the Special Events Tent
Daily Events, August 8 – 12
Listing of events that happen every day of the Fair.
Wednesday, August 8
Scholar Students Day
Free admission for Nevada County Honor Roll students until 5 pm
(by invitation only from the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools)
Wednesday Schedule- August 8
Thursday, August 9
Free admission for disabled persons (and one chaperone for those who require assistance) until 5 pm
Free coupon book with coupons for Treat Street, souvenirs and events (valid on Thursday, August 9 only) for first 10,000 guests
Thursday Schedule- Augusst 9
Friday, August 10
Free parking in Fairgrounds lots until noon
Free carnival ride coupon to first 500 guests
Friday Schedule- August 10
Saturday, August 11
Military Appreciation Day
Free admission for active and retired military (who show ID) until 5 pm
For active and retired military members only and does not include family
Saturday Schedule- August 11
Sunday, August 12
Free admission for children 12 and under until 5 pm
Sunday Schedule- August 12
- Printed schedules are available throughout town and at the Fair Office.
- Admission for the Fair is $9 for adults, $7 for seniors, $5 for children 6-12; and free to children under 5 years of age.
- Arena events – Nightly at 7pm.
- Gates open 10am – 11pm, Parking $6. Five-day parking passes are available.
- There is free parking at Nevada Union High School (39.24011, -121.0570). A free shuttle bus runs every half-hour from Nevada Union High School to the Fairgrounds. Shuttle service begins at 8:30 am. The last bus leaves the Fairgrounds at 11:30 pm.
- The Gold Country Stage will provide a Grass Valley shuttle bus to and from the Nevada County Fair during the days of August 8 – 12, 2018, with free travel on the Fair Shuttle Service Only (provided through a state LCTOP air quality grant program). The bus will be available in Grass Valley only (no Nevada City bus shuttle) and will depart from Church and Neal Streets (in front of Tri-Counties Bank) starting at 10:30 am on Wednesday and at 9:30 am on Thursday through Sunday. The bus runs every 30 minutes with additional stops at the Pine Creek and K-Mart shopping centers and the Tinloy Transit Center. The last departure from the Fairgrounds leaves at 10:30 pm. For information, call 477-0103 or visit www.goldcountrystage.com.