Daily Fair Schedule
Dates: August 9 – 13, 2017
Location: 11228 McCourtney Road
Grass Valley, CA 95949
(39.20770, -121.0766) Google Maps
Hours of the Fair
Wednesday through Sunday—10 am to 11 pm
Exhibit buildings 10 am—10 pm, Sunday until 9 pm
Carnival opens at 11 am daily
Worship Services: 9 – 10 am on Sunday in the Special Events Tent
Daily Ongoing Events
Wednesday, Scholar Students’ Day—August 9
Free admission for Honor Roll students—by invitation only (from the Superintendent of Schools).
Thursday, Kid’s Day—August 10
Kids Day, 10 am—5 pm. Children 12 and under admitted free.
Friday, Day for People With Disabilities—August 11
Day for People with Disabilities, 10 am—5 pm. Disabled patrons and a guest admitted for free.
Ag Mechanics Auction, 5:30pm
Saturday, Salute to Our Armed Services Day—August 12
Salute to Our Armed Forces Day, All active and retired military who show ID are admitted for free. Please note that this is for active and retired military members only, and does not include family.
Sunday, Community Day—August 13
“Five Until Five” Fair-goers can purchase admission for $5 until 5 pm.
Junior Livestock Auction, 9am – 3pm
- Printed schedules are available throughout town and at the Fair Office.
- Admission for the Fair is $9 for adults, $6 for seniors, $4 for children 6-12; and free to children under 5 years of age.
- Arena events – Nightly at 7pm.
- Gates open 10am – 11pm, Parking $6. Five-day parking passes are available.
- There is free parking at Nevada Union High School (39.24011, -121.0570). A free shuttle bus runs every half-hour from Nevada Union High School to the Fairgrounds. Shuttle service begins at 8:30 am. The last bus leaves the Fairgrounds at 11:30 pm.
- Take the Gold Country Stage to the Fair and save on parking.
- Gold Country LIFT at 271-7433 (door-to-door Paratransit reservations)