The RV Park at the Nevada County Fairgrounds is located at the Gate 4 entrance on McCourtney Road. For directions, see Maps & Directions.
Open year-round, the RV Park at the Nevada County Fairgrounds is nestled among tall pine trees, overlooks Lions Lake, and is located near the historic towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City. Whether camping solo, with a family or with a group we have a spot for you! We welcome large RV groups, Class A motorhomes, and RVs and trailers of all sizes. No tent or car camping allowed.
Showers and a convenient dump station are located within the RV Park.
Special pricing and minimum night stays may apply for certain events/dates
One (1) night non-refundable deposit upon booking reservation
No refund for early departure
**Fire pits are propane-fueled and fee includes up to 5 gallons of propane use in the pit.
Phone: (530) 273-6217, ext. 221
Reservations: Online reservations
RV Park Office Hours:
Monday – Sunday: 9 am to 5 pm
If you’d like to rent an RV to be delivered to the Fairgrounds, contact Rockin RV.
RV Park Closures (2020)
The RV Park is closed to the public during the following dates in 2020:
May 28 – 31 (Rally in the Pines)
May 17 – 26 (Strawberry Music Festival)
June 13 – 23 (California Bluegrass Father’s Day Music Festival)
July 7 – 14 (California World Fest)
- July 30 – August 2 (Private Event)
August 7 – 18 (Nevada County Fair)
August 27 – 31 (Gold Country Kennel Club Dog Show)
- September 14 – 21 (Draft Horse Classic and Harvest Fair)*
*open to Draft Horse Classic ticket holders only
- September 25 – 28 (KVMR Celtic Festival & Marketplace)
2020 Special Events
Mark your calendar, and book your RV Park spot early for these special events at the Fairgrounds in 2020.
- Grass Valley Wedding Fair – January 19, 2020
- Winter FunFest – January 24 – 26, 2020*
- Fairgrounds Foundation Cioppino Feed – March 7, 2020
- Grass Valley Sportsmen’s Fishing Derby – April 18, 2020
- Home and Garden Show – April 25 & 26. 2020
- Old West Antique Show – May 8 & 9, 2020
- July 4th Celebration – July 4, 2020*
- Sierra BrewFest – September 12, 2020*
- Draft Horse Classic – September 17 – 20, 2020
Reservations for camping during the Classic must be placed with a ticket order for the Classic. Ticket sales begin May 1, 2020.
- Roamin’ Angels Car Show – October 3 & 4, 2020*
- Country Christmas Faire – November 27 – 29, 2020
- Nevada County Food and Toy Run – December 12, 2020
* Two night minimum stay required for Full Hookups and Water & Electric sites for this event. Reservations for the two-night minimum events are only available by phone at (530) 273-6217.
While pets are allowed in the RV Park, please remember that they are not allowed on the adjacent Fairgrounds during Fairgrounds events.