Thanks for all the comments. You all love your treats from Treat Street! Congratulations to Melynda Fertig, Sharon Columbus, Rechelle Clarke Richards, Mark Douglass, Darcy White, Melissa Freeman Galpin, Jamie Beer, Matt Steen, Trinity Proctor and Kelley Miller. Send us a private message on our Facebook page, and we’ll get you details for collecting your Fair ticket. See you at the Fair!
Thank you for all the nice comments on our Facebook Contest! Love our community! Congratulations to winners Michelle Vasquez, Meredith Slack, Kim Wiggins-Henderson, Thomas Brittany Lang, Jacque Pollard, Greg Jourden, Bailey Martea Kimbrough, Kathleen Barba, Brandy Reynolds, and Jensie Frackowiak-Hunt. Send us a message on Facebook, and we’ll get you details on your winning tickets.
We love that so many families and friends return to the Fair year after year! How long have you been attending the Nevada County Fair? Or, is this your first year? Post a comment on our Facebook page, and we’ll randomly choose a few winners to receive a free admission ticket.
The Nevada County Fairgrounds’ social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube) are designated as family-friendly fan pages, and we encourage our customers to leave photos, videos, and comments on the various sites.
The Nevada County Fairgrounds monitors comments and postings on its various social media channels, and reserves the right to remove and/or block any comments or posts that are inappropriate or offensive, including those that:
- Contain any infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence and/or vulgarity;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Include link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site);
- Commercial solicitation or solicitation of donation;
- Spam or advertisements;
- Include copyrighted material that belongs to another person;
- Contain links to inappropriate websites;
- Promote or endorse political issues, groups or individuals;
- Conduct or encourage illegal activity; or
- Contain information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Dominate the social media site(s) with excessive postings and compromise the Nevada County Fairgrounds’ management and control of the site(s).
Comments posted by others on the Nevada County Fairgrounds’ social media sites are not to be considered the opinion of the Nevada County Fairgrounds; nor does the Nevada County Fairgrounds endorse any third-party comments on its sites.
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/nevcofair/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/nevadacountyfair
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NevCoFair
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NevadaCountyFair
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NevadaCountyFairgrounds
Mark your calendar for the event voted as “Nevada County’s Best” for 10 years in a row – the 2010 Nevada County Fair, August 11 – 15, at “California’s Most Beautiful Fairgrounds,” the Nevada County Fairgrounds in Grass Valley.
“Rooted in Tree-dition” is this year’s theme and five days of “tree-mendous” fun are planned for Fair-goers of all ages. Live entertainment will be available every day at five different stages throughout the Fairgrounds. There’s also carnival rides and games, barns full of livestock, thousands of community exhibits, special contests, an Idol Competition, nightly arena events, daily demonstrations, magic shows, gold panning, and food contests. As always, Treat Street will be serving an array of delicious food and drinks – corn dogs, pasties, tacos, corn on the cob, beer, tempura zucchini, nachos, hamburgers, funnel cakes and caramel corn – just to name a few!
Long-time crowd pleasing events will soar into the Fair’s arena Wednesday through Sunday, presenting thrills ranging from a rodeo to Monster Trucks to the Demolition Derby.
The Ag Mechanics Auction will be held on Friday of the Fair, and the Junior Livestock Auction will be held on Sunday, August 15. These popular annual events will raise more than $400,000 for Nevada County youth in agriculture.
For those interested in entering competitions and projects for judging, the Fair’s Competition Handbook will be available June 1. At that time, all of the categories, as well as online entry information, will be listed on the Fair’s web site at www.NevadaCountyFair.com.
Gates open each day at 10 am, and close each evening at 11 pm. Admission this year will be $8 for adults, $6 for seniors (65 and older), $3 for children 6 to 12, and free to children five years old and younger.
At one of the most affordable fairs in California, take advantage of one of several pre-sale packages available this year, including a special “Be A Kid” price of only $3 for a Thursday adult admission ticket; or a pre-sale Fair admission ticket for $5 for any one day of the Fair. Kids Day will once again be held on Thursday from 10 am to 5 pm and during that time all children 12 years and under are admitted for free. Other pre-sale packages and coupons will be announced in June.
The Nevada County Fairgrounds is located at 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley, 50 miles northeast of Sacramento, off Highway 49. For directions, event details or general information, visit www.NevadaCountyFair.com or call the Fair Office at (530) 273-6217. Our blog can be found at www.NevadaCountyFair.blogspot.com, or you can follow us on Facebook or MySpace.