Save Money Before the Fair
You can order advance sale tickets beginning June 1, by stopping by the Fair Office on McCourtney Road, by purchasing them online, or by calling the Fair Office at (530) 273-6217.
- Become a Nevada County Fairgrounds Foundation member and receive tickets to the Nevada County Fair. Pick your favorite package, mail in your application with a check, and will get you your tickets.
- Participate in the Nevada County Library’s Summer Reading Program (beginning mid-June) and receive a coupon for two free carnival rides.
- Join us on Facebook at “Nevada County Fairgrounds” and watch for giveaways.
Save Money at the Fair
Special Day Prices
Wednesday, August 7
Scholar Students Day
Free admission for Nevada County Honor Roll students until 5 pm (by invitation only from the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools)
Thursday, August 8
$3 admission all day for adults and children (free to children 5 and under)
Free admission for disabled persons (and a chaperone for those who require assistance) until 5 pm
Friday, August 9
Free parking until noon
One free carnival ride coupon and free Fair souvenir to first 500 guests
Saturday, August 10
Military Appreciation Day
Free admission for active and retired military (who show ID) until 5 pm*
*For active and retired military members only and does not include family
Sunday, August 11
Free admission for children 12 and under until 5 pm
- Printed schedules are available throughout town and at the Fair Office as the Fair approaches.
- Admission during the Fair is $9 for adults, $7 for seniors, $5 for children 6-12; and free to children under 5 years of age.
- Thursday August 8, admission is only $3 for adults, seniors and children 6-12; and free to children under 5 years of age.
- Arena events – Nightly at 7pm.
- Gates open 10am – 11pm, Parking $6. Five-day parking passes are available.
- There is free parking at Nevada Union High School (39.24011, -121.0570). A free shuttle bus runs every half-hour from Nevada Union High School to the Fairgrounds. Shuttle service begins at 8:30 am. The last bus leaves the Fairgrounds at 11:30 pm.
- The Gold Country Stage will provide a Grass Valley shuttle bus to and from the Nevada County Fair during the days of August 7 – 11, 2019, with free fare system wide. The direct-to-Fair bus will be available in Grass Valley and will depart from Church and Neal Streets (in front of Tri-Counties Bank) starting at 10:30 am on Wednesday and at 9:30 am on Thursday through Sunday. The bus runs every 30 minutes with additional stops at the Pine Creek and K-Mart shopping centers and the Tinloy Transit Center. The last departure from the Fairgrounds leaves at 11:00 pm. Call 477-0103, extension 0, for schedules, pick-up points or trip planning. Additional information is available at www.goldcountrystage.com
- Gold Country LIFT at 271-7433 (door-to-door Paratransit reservations)