Save Money Before the Fair
You can order advance sale tickets by stopping by the Fair Office on McCourtney Road, by purchasing them online, or by calling the Fair Office at (530) 273-6217.
- Become a Nevada County Fairgrounds Foundation member and receive tickets to the Nevada County Fair. Pick your favorite package, mail in your application with a check, and will get you your tickets.
- Participate in the Nevada County Library’s Summer Reading Program (beginning mid-June) and receive a coupon for two free carnival rides.
- Join us on Facebook at “Nevada County Fairgrounds” and watch for giveaways.
Save Money at the Fair
Special Day Prices
Wednesday, August 8
Scholar Students Day
Free admission for Nevada County Honor Roll students until 5 pm (by invitation only from the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools)
Thursday, August 9
Free coupon book with coupons for Treat Street, souvenirs and events (valid on Thursday, August 9 only)
Free admission for disabled persons (and a chaperone for those who require assistance) until 5 pm
Friday, August 10
Free parking until noon
One free carnival ride to first 500 guests
Saturday, August 11
Military Appreciation Day
Free admission for active and retired military (who show ID) until 5 pm*
*For active and retired military members only and does not include family
Sunday, August 12
Free admission for children 12 and under until 5 pm
- Printed schedules are available throughout town and at the Fair Office.
- Admission for the Fair is $9 for adults, $7 for seniors, $5 for children 6-12; and free to children under 5 years of age.
- Arena events – Nightly at 7pm.
- Gates open 10am – 11pm, Parking $6. Five-day parking passes are available.
- There is free parking at Nevada Union High School (39.24011, -121.0570). A free shuttle bus runs every half-hour from Nevada Union High School to the Fairgrounds. Shuttle service begins at 8:30 am. The last bus leaves the Fairgrounds at 11:30 pm.
- The Gold Country Stage will provide a Grass Valley shuttle bus to and from the Nevada County Fair during the days of August 8 – 12, 2018, with free travel on the Fair Shuttle Service Only (provided through a state LCTOP air quality grant program). The bus will be available in Grass Valley only (no Nevada City bus shuttle) and will depart from Church and Neal Streets (in front of Tri-Counties Bank) starting at 10:30 am on Wednesday and at 9:30 am on Thursday through Sunday. The bus runs every 30 minutes with additional stops at the Pine Creek and K-Mart shopping centers and the Tinloy Transit Center. The last departure from the Fairgrounds leaves at 10:30 pm. Call 477-0103, extension 0, for schedules, pick-up points or trip planning. Additional information is available at www.goldcountrystage.com
- Gold Country LIFT at 271-7433 (door-to-door Paratransit reservations)