Save Money Before the Fair
Beginning June 1, you can order advance sale tickets by stopping by the Fair Office on McCourtney Road, by purchasing them online, or by calling the Fair Office at (530) 273-6217.
- Participate in Community Involvement Day on July 30 from 1 – 6 pm at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, make a donation to one of the many community organizations, and receive a coupon to buy one advance special $7 admission ticket and receive one free (ticket must be purchased beforeAugust 7).
- Donate blood at Community Involvement Day on Monday, July 30, from 1 – 6 pm at the BloodSource bloodmobile located in the Gate 1 at the Nevada County Fairgrounds and receive a free admission ticket to the Fair.
- Become a Nevada County Fairgrounds Foundation member and receive tickets to the Nevada County Fair. Pick your favorite package, mail in your application with a check, and will get you your tickets.
- Participate in the Nevada County Library’s Summer Reading Program (beginning mid-June) and receive a coupon for two free carnival rides.
- Join us on Facebook at “Nevada County Fairgrounds” and watch for giveaways.
- Enter one of the Special Food Contests by July 23 and receive free admission to the Fair on the day of the contest. Food contests require entry forms, and are listed in the Competition Handbook, available June 1.
Save Money at the Fair
Special Day Prices
Wednesday, August 8
Scholar Students Day
Free admission for Nevada County Honor Roll students until 5 pm (by invitation only from the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools)
Thursday, August 9
Free coupon book with coupons for Treat Street, souvenirs and events (valid on Thursday, August 9 only)
Free admission for disabled persons (and a chaperone for those who require assistance) until 5 pm
Friday, August 10
Free parking until noon
One free carnival ride to first 500 guests
Ag Mechanics Auction. Be a buyer at the Ag Mechanics Auction and receive free admission.
Saturday, August 11
Military Appreciation Day
Free admission for active and retired military (who show ID) until 5 pm*
*For active and retired military members only and does not include family
Sunday, August 12
Free admission for children 12 and under until 5 pm
Junior Livestock Auction. Be a buyer at the Junior Livestock Auction and receive free admission.
- Printed schedules are available throughout town and at the Fair Office.
- Admission for the Fair is $9 for adults, $7 for seniors, $5 for children 6-12; and free to children under 5 years of age.
- Arena events – Nightly at 7pm.
- Gates open 10am – 11pm, Parking $6. Five-day parking passes are available.
- There is free parking at Nevada Union High School (39.24011, -121.0570). A free shuttle bus runs every half-hour from Nevada Union High School to the Fairgrounds. Shuttle service begins at 8:30 am. The last bus leaves the Fairgrounds at 11:30 pm.
- Take the Gold Country Stage to the Fair and save on parking.
- Gold Country LIFT at 271-7433 (door-to-door Paratransit reservations)