Save Money Before the Fair
Beginning June 1, you can order advance sale tickets by stopping by the Fair Office on McCourtney Road, by purchasing them online, or by calling the Fair Office at (530) 273-6217.
- Participate in Community Involvement Day on July 31, make a donation to one of the many community organizations on that day, and receive a coupon to buy one advance special $6 admission ticket and receive one free (ticket must be purchased during presale dates of June 1 to August 8).
- Make a blood donation at Community Involvement Day on Monday, July 31, from 1 – 6 pm at the BloodSource bloodmobile located in the Gate 1 parking lot at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, and receive a free admission ticket to any day of the Fair.
- Become a Nevada County Fairgrounds Foundation member and receive tickets to the Nevada County Fair. Simply pick your favorite package, and mail in your application with a check.
- Participate in the Nevada County Library’s Summer Reading Program (beginning mid-June) and receive two free carnival ride coupons.
- Join us on Facebook at “Nevada County Fairgrounds” and watch for give-aways for free tickets.
- Enter one of the Special Food Contests and receive free admission. Food contests require entry forms, and are listed here in the Competition Handbook (provide link)
- Create an Exhibit Video: When you’re creating your exhibits to enter in the Fair, why not grab your phone and create a fun video? You could win tickets to the Fair! The video can feature anything from a fun exhibit moment to the creative process to the finished product. It’s up to you! Videos are due by August 4. For details and rules, visit here.
Save Money at the Fair
Special Day Prices
- Wednesday, August 9: Scholar Students Day, Free admission for Honor Roll students—by invitation only (from the Superintendent of Schools).
- Thursday, August 10: Kids Day, 10 am—5 pm. Children 12 and under admitted free.
- Friday, August 11: Day for People with Disabilities, 10 am—5 pm. Disabled patrons and a guest admitted for free.
- Saturday, August 12: Salute to Our Armed Forces Day, All active and retired military who show ID are admitted for free. Please note that this is for active and retired military members only, and does not include family.
- Sunday, August 13: “Five Until Five” Fair-goers can purchase admission for $5 until 5 pm.
More Ways to Save During
- Be a buyer at the Ag Mechanics Auction on Friday, August 12; or at the Junior Livestock Auction on Sunday, August 14, and receive free admission.
- Be a volunteer at the Nevada County Fair.
- Show off your cooking skills in one of the special food contests and receive free admission.
- Take the Gold Country Stage and save on parking.