Competition Handbook (view online)
Mandatory Entry Deadlines
Below are the entry deadlines for market animals, all other livestock, and Ag Mechanics Auction.
- New this year – all market entries must be completed online (links listed with each species)
- No late entries will be accepted.
- In addition to local rules, exhibitors must adhere to the state rules.
Ag Mechanics, Ag Mechanics Auction, Market Eggs, Broiler and Rabbit Meat Pens
- Entries open now
- Entries close: July 6
There are two steps to enter online (listed below). The first is to complete and pay for your entries using the online “Blue Ribbon” entry system. The other is to complete and sign the Exhibitor Code of Practice and Contact Form. Both steps must be completed in order for the entry to be valid.
Please note: For Ag Mechanics and Ag Mechanics Auction entries, within the Blue Ribbon entry system, select #016 Youth Department to find Ag Mechanics classes and divisions.
All Other Livestock
- Entries open now
- Deadline: July 6
- New this year, exhibitors of all non-registered breeding animals are required to submit proof of ownership with their entries. Please see the Division/Class rules in the Competition Handbook for more information.
- All junior livestock exhibitors must complete the Exhibitor Code of Practice and Contact Form
- Enter here: Online Registration and Entry Form (Blue Ribbon)
- The judge for the 2018 Nevada County Fair Youth Boer Goat Show (sanction pending) is Stephanie Jefferson of Oakdale, CA
Market Goat, Lambs, Swine and Turkeys
- Market Goat, Lamb, Swine and Turkey entries are now closed
- Market Beef entries are now closed
Fair Camping Reservations for Livestock Exhibitors
- Update (June 29)
- Full Hook-Up and Water & Electric sites are sold out and are waitlist only.
- Dry Camping is still available.
- If you’re interested in applying for dry camping or being put on a wait list to camp at the 2018 Fair, below is a map as well as the application.
- As a reminder, camping is limited to livestock exhibitors who must be on the Fairgrounds for the five days of the Fair for the safety of their animals.
For additional livestock questions, contact moc.r1537447381iaFyt1537447381nuoCa1537447381daveN1537447381@kcir1537447381taP1537447381 or call (530) 273-6217.