2020 Online Junior Livestock
and Ag Mechanics Auction
August 13, 14 and 15, 2020
Auction opens at 9 am on Thursday and the first lot begins closing at 9 am on Saturday
(On Saturday, lots close in 90 second intervals until the final lot is complete)
The Fairgrounds Office will be available at (530) 273-6217 during the auction to answer any questions and assist as needed.
Register for the 2020 Junior Livestock & Ag Mechanics Auction
New Buyer Registration Form
If you are an existing buyer, you won’t need to reregister, but please visit the link below to verify that your cell phone number and email are included in your information. The cell phone number is important, as it will be used to send you a 4-digit code to gain access into the auction site once it opens.
Existing Buyer Sign In
Your password is your buyer number.
Once the Auction Opens, Here’s What to Do:
- Auction will open for browsing, bidding and add-ons on Thursday, August 13 at 9am. Visit NevadaCountyFair.com to access the auction site.
- If you find a lot/item you would like to bid on, you will have to log in. Select Log In at the top right corner of the screen. Search for your name in the drop-down list. Select Request Code. This will text you a 4-digit security code. Enter that code in the box below your name. If we don’t have a cell phone on file, you will need to call the Fairgrounds Office at (530) 273-6217 to get your security code.
- If your name does not appear on the list, call the Fairgrounds Office at (530) 273-6217 and get registered as a new buyer.
- This code is unique to each registered buyer. This password/code is your bidding password for the auction and will be used throughout the auction.
- You will receive a text message if an item you bid on has been outbid.
- All lots will remain open for bidding until the closing begins on Saturday, August 15 at 9 am. Lots will close in 90 second intervals until the final lot is complete.
- Add-ons will remain open until midnight on Saturday, August 15.
- Upon winning the lot/item, the winning buyer will be prompted to choose custom with a butcher of your choice or resale.
- Payment: Due to the financial constraints on the Fairgrounds due the COVID-19 Pandemic and in order to get the junior exhibitors paid quickly, payment is due immediately following the completion of the online auction. Buyers will be contacted immediately following the auction for payment options. Buyers paying by credit card will be charged a convenience fee of 3% of the total purchase.
Ways to Participate in Auction
- Register as a buyer – New Buyer Registration Form.
- If you are an existing buyer, update your buyer information, including your email and cell phone number here – Existing Buyer Sign In.
- Bid and buy at the online auction August 13 – 15 at NevadaCountyFair.com (see Once the Auction Opens section above).
- Support youth exhibitors by doing an “Add On” during the auction. The Add On is a donation to a specific exhibitor and is done within the auction platform so that everyone can see your contribution. The Add On option will remain open until midnight on Saturday, August 15.
- If you want donate to an individual exhibitor before the auction starts, or if you don’t want to be publicly identified, you can “Bump Up” instead of doing an Add On. The Bump Up Form can be completed online, but the buyer will not be publicly recognized as a contributor during the auction. However, the exhibitor will be notified of your contribution upon close of the auction. Bump Ups will remain open until midnight on Saturday, August 15.
- Donate to the “Community Pool,” which will be used to broadly support the sale and junior exhibitors. For information about the Community Pool, contact Tim Reid at (530) 520-1820.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call the Fairgrounds Office at (530) 273-6217.
Thank You, Sponsors
Thank you to the 2019 Auction Buyers
2019 Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics Auction Information
The 2019 Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics auctions grossed a record setting $736,000 for the youth of Nevada County. These auctions represent the culmination of a long year of work and dedication by FFA, 4-H, and independent youth exhibitors. Each bid and purchase is an investment in the next generation of agriculture; and supports the youth’s future projects in agriculture, college funding, and vocational training.
Receive Information about the Auction
Sign up below to receive information about the 2020 Online Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics Auction.