2020 Online Junior Livestock
and Ag Mechanics Auction
Thank You, Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics Supporters
While this year looks different for us in so many ways, one thing has remained the same – community! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all those who supported our Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics exhibitors through the 2020 online auction. Every exhibitor’s animal or project was sold and more than $465,000 was raised online in three days for these exhibitors. To say that we are immensely thankful to all of you for supporting Nevada County’s agricultural youth is an understatement. What an amazing community!
Auction is Closed
August 13, 14 and 15, 2020
Auction opens at 9 am on Thursday and the first lot begins closing at 9 am on Saturday
(On Saturday, lots close in 90 second intervals until the final lot is complete)
The Fairgrounds Office will be available at (530) 273-6217 during the auction to answer any questions and assist as needed.
New and Existing Buyers
To register as a new buyer or log in to the auction, visit here.
Once the Auction Opens, Here’s What to Do:
- Auction will open for browsing, bidding and add-ons on Thursday, August 13 at 9am. Visit here to access the auction site.
- If you find a lot/item you would like to bid on, you will have to log in. Select Log In at the top right corner of the screen. Search for your name in the drop-down list. Select Request Code. This will text you a 4-digit security code. Enter that code in the box below your name. If we don’t have a cell phone on file, you will need to call the Fairgrounds Office at (530) 273-6217 to get your security code.
- If your name does not appear on the list, register here as a new buyer.
- This code is unique to each registered buyer. This password/code is your bidding password for the auction and will be used throughout the auction.
- You will receive a text message if an item you bid on has been outbid.
- All lots will remain open for bidding until the closing begins on Saturday, August 15 at 9 am. Lots will close in 90 second intervals until the final lot is complete.
- Add-ons will remain open until midnight on Saturday, August 15. The Add On is a donation to a specific exhibitor and is done within the auction platform so that everyone can see your contribution.
- Additional Options:
- If you want donate to an individual exhibitor but don’t want to log into the auction platform, you can “Bump Up” instead of doing an Add On. The Bump Up Form can be completed online, but the buyer will not be publicly recognized as a contributor during the auction. However, the exhibitor will be notified of your contribution upon close of the auction. Bump Ups will remain open until midnight on Saturday, August 15.
- Donate to the “Community Pool,” which will be used to broadly support the sale and junior exhibitors, by donating to Lot 2 in the online auction. For information about the Community Pool, contact Tim Reid at (530) 520-1820.
- Upon winning the lot/item, the winning buyer will be prompted to choose custom with a butcher of your choice or resale. Please note the Custom Butcher Fees for Cut & Wrap.
- Payment: Due to the financial constraints on the Fairgrounds due the COVID-19 Pandemic and in order to get the junior exhibitors paid quickly, payment is due immediately following the completion of the online auction. Buyers will be contacted immediately following the auction for payment options. Buyers paying by credit card will be charged a convenience fee of 3% of the total purchase.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call the Fairgrounds Office at (530) 273-6217.
Thank You, Sponsors
Thank you to the 2019 Auction Buyers
2019 Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics Auction Information
The 2019 Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics auctions grossed a record setting $736,000 for the youth of Nevada County. These auctions represent the culmination of a long year of work and dedication by FFA, 4-H, and independent youth exhibitors. Each bid and purchase is an investment in the next generation of agriculture; and supports the youth’s future projects in agriculture, college funding, and vocational training.
Receive Information about the Auction
Sign up below to receive information about the 2020 Online Junior Livestock and Ag Mechanics Auction.